Position: Order Picker/Packer
Number of Positions: 2
Reports to: Inventory Control Manager
Division / Location: ARGO Division, 220 Bergey Court, New Hamburg, ON Shift: Day
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: May 24th, 2019
Closing date: May 31st, 2019
Provides basic support function in warehouse including picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, managing and organizing product in assigned locations, computer data entry, freight quotes and cycle counts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup (pick, pack, label, ship) with a focus on accuracy and efficiency to meet departmental KPI’s
- Create shipping documents/mailing labels using various courier software programs
- Obtain shipping quotes as requested by the customer
- Regular cycle counting and inventory management duties within P&A
- Stock data entry, labeling and location placement
- Operate forklift and other plant machinery as required
- Warehouse maintenance; keeping a clean and safe working environment
- Communication/collaboration with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Is required to work in compliance with the Health and Safety rules and regulations;
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (or experience equivalent)
- Lift truck operation an asset
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
Work Experience Requirements:
· Warehouse, order picking and shipping or related experience an asset
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Great with time management, extremely organized
- Strong attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Physical activities of the job include:
· Lifting to 20 kg
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive Motions
This position requires good physical condition due to bending, standing, pulling and pushing. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.